Friday, June 10, 2011

homemade granola bars

This recipe was taken from my friend Kim's mom: Mom's Peanut Butter Granola
I made this for our recent mushroom hunting trip to Petoskey, MI - and it went over very well with the starving men during their lunch/hunting break :)

3 c. oatmeal
1/2 c. dry roasted peanuts (I didn't add these cause I don't like them!
1/2 c. unsweetened coconut
3 T. sesame seeds
(I also added a lot of ground flax seed, cinnamon chips, chocolate chips, and cinnamon which it didn't call for)
Mix all above in a large bowl

1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/4 c. butter
1T. light corn syrup
1/4 t. salt

Stir above together over medium heat about 3 minutes or until smooth.  Pour over oat mixture and stir until well blended.  Line a jelly roll pan with aluminum foil and grease lightly.  Spread oat mixture evenly in pan.  Bake 350 degrees for 10 min. Stir.  Bake 10 more minutes until lightly golden.  Lift foil with oats from pan and cool before storing. 
I then cut them into bars and put the remaining crumbles in a bag to put on yogurt.

Thanks for the great recipe and great snack Kim!

1 comment:

  1. Delish.....I Make a similar recipe....using the peanuts and omitting the corn syrup and coconut. YUMMY!! Perfect for breakfast or snack!!!

    ReplyDelete