Friday, January 14, 2011

Guest blogger: Jill, my sister-in-law

The following post is from my sister-in-law Jill
You may remember a bit about her family from our Thanksgiving trip to Alabama
Jill is an amazing woman, someone I look up to and willingly sit at her feet soaking in wisdom
She is the wife of my brother Adam, and mother to 4 adorable kids, the eldest 2 (Maddie-6 and Hudson-almost 5) she has just begun to homeschool this year
On top of all that she has an almost 1 year old (Andre) that she has recently begun chasing around as he toddles from here to there
This post is about the middle girl, cute and quaint Cosi.


STUFF
Sometimes things are clicking along and everything seems to break. Not sure why this happens. Usually the car alternator goes out, the dishwasher leaks, the T.V. dies (ok, the t.v. is 15 years old...) Things break down from wear and tear and that's just life.

It's harder to swallow when the breakage is due to a particular person. In the span of five days, my little girl broke our camera, our only stapler, and my favorite headband. Really? REALLY?? My favorite headband? With four children do you know how little time I have to go to the store and browse accessories?

It's just stuff. It's just stuff. It's just stuff. I remind myself. And it belongs to the Lord. Psalm 24:1 says, "The earth is the LORD's and everything in it." Pretty much covers the camera, the stapler, and my favorite headband which are now in the garbage. I think God lets this happen to remind me that things are temporary, but His Word lasts forever and gives peace to people in all times.



The culprit :) Cosette 'Cosi' Isabel, 3 years old

No comments:

Post a Comment