Friday, April 6, 2012

March dates

Casting Crowns
To begin the month we went to a Casting Crowns concert with our church in Fort Wayne! 
It was a great time of worship together! 
We were also challenged by some great messages - including how often we make decisions based on feelings and emotions and how we shouldn't let them rule us...something I know I struggle with!

Afternoon in Marion
The next week Joel took some time off work and we went to my final counseling appointment in Marion - I was so excited to bring Joel along to meet my counselor and enjoy a brief marriage counseling appointment.
Beforehand we went to a local Mexican restaurant and frozen yogurt shop - YUM. 
We were so stuffed!!!

Weekend away in Indy (I already posted on this whole trip!)

Towards the end of the month I randomly scored some last minute tickets to a show at the Embassy in Fort Wayne.  I wanted to surprise Joel for this date - this is his curious/held against his will/excited face...


This is his happy/unbelieving face when I showed him the tickets to Jim Gaffigan


WOW did we have a good time at this show!  I'm surprise neither of us peed our pants we were laughing sooooooooooo hard for the entire 2 hours!  I would pay to go see him again in a heartbeat!
Gungor
The end of March we went on another small field trip with our church to see Gungor at Huntington University.  This concert was so unlike the one we began the month with...I don't even think I could call it a concert!  It was more like an emotional, worshipful, spiritual experience!  At times I was brought to tears and left feeling exhausted by all the emotions I sorted through and was challenged with during their performance.  Have you ever listened to their music?! If not you MUST look them up!!!

We hardly ever have the opportunity to have such a fun month out together celebrating like this month was - but we are so thanful for it before our new child arrives in less than 2 months!  We hope to be able to get away for 1 or 2 more nights in May to celebrate our anniversary - then it may be a long time before we can do so many fun things again!

What have been some of your favorite dates recently?!

1 comment:

  1. Fun!! I'm so glad you got to see Gungor - that sounds how I could imagine they would be. <3
    Right now Matt and I are in the small beginnings where we're just happy to go eat Vietnemese at the mall. Ha!

    ReplyDelete