Monday, August 23, 2010

the summer in numbers

My crazy summer:

16 hours of labor without medication
4 1/2 days in the hospital
1 precious baby girl that is my daughter!!!
6 hours in a graduate class with a 4 week old
43 tupperwares of baby food made and frozen (peaches, green beans, squash, carrots, and peas&carrots)
24 jars of salsa canned from the goodies in our garden
1 bushel of peaches pitted, peeled and canned for winter
5 lbs of frozen blueberries
7+ weeks of not having to cook any meals for ourselves!
2 grandma's that will care for Mylin as I finish school
12 credits left until I have my Master's in Counseling
4 long car trips to meet (for Mylin) and visit (for Joel and Rachel) family and friends in IN, MI, and OH
countless visits and presents from friends and family
handfuls of times rolling from tummy to back (Mylin, not us, we've been doing that for years...)
millions of sweet smiles from our baby girl

1 amazing, loving, and serving husband who has made this whole experience of motherhood more enjoyable and exciting than I ever could have imagined!

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the preserving for winter! I can't imagine sitting through class with a 4 week old!! I have a hard enough time watching the lectures at home and taking notes! :)

    ReplyDelete