Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Worst weekend or Mini vacation?

So this past weekend I was 'sick'
I don't know what was going on...pretty sure it wasn't the flu, but it definitely kept me from doing anything for 48 hours

It all started Friday when Joel surprised me by coming home early to go with my to our doctor's appointment for the baby!
We then went out to eat at Logan's and to see New Year's Eve
Logan's was awesome - and I STUFFED myself
We got some truffles from DeBrand's to eat in the movie and walked around Jefferson Pointe for a few minutes
The movie was fun and cute and feel-good

We went home to a baby-free house (thanks Grandma!) and thought we were going to get a great night's sleep
Not so :(
I woke up at 4:00 with horrible stomach cramps!
This continued on and off for most of the day - keeping me in my pajamas and our bed or on the couch
Joel took care of everything - including all of Mylin's meals, playing, and diapers
It's starting to sound like vacation now, right?!
I know!!!

Anyways, as soon as I would start to feel better, I'd be flat on the floor again growning...
Only for it to mysteriously pass by the time I woke up Monday morning!

While it felt like a waste of a weekend...I did get lots of R&R and literally did not have to do anything I didn't want to - Joel is my hero!
I am so thankful that this happened during the weekend so we didn't have to have extra help and I didn't have to miss (too much) work (I took off part of Monday to continue recouping and not tire myself out!)
Also, Joel left this morning for a work trip (boooooooooo) and we are both so thankful I didn't get sick while he was gone!
I don't know how I would have done it!

So......does it sound like the worst weekend?
Or kind of like a vacation of relaxing with no resposibilities?!

1 comment:

  1. A mixture of both? Actual throwing up would have pushed it to worst weekend. Do you think it was something you ate?

    ReplyDelete