-Dr. Howard Hendricks
what a profound statement!
this was one of the many note-worthy message i received in my sexuality, intimacy, and gender class thursday night at huntington university.
i am currently working on a masters in counseling there and have 33 of 60 credits completed (working on an additional 9 this semester)!
i know this class will change my self, self-esteem, marriage, ideas of motherhood, and life in general!
we began with some Scripture readings to learn how to focus on what God says to us in His Word about sexuality:
- the first principle in healthy relationships is humility
1 Peter 1:13-16
- the second principle in healthy relationships is holiness
- have courage and faith to be the person that others can sit with; so they can bring to light all of this junk and sin in their lives
1 Thessalonians 4:1-8
- God's will is that we be sanctified to have nothing to do with sexual immorality
- love God with our sexuality
- If He's the vine and I'm the branch - what does that mean for my sexuality?
i hope in this mini lesson you were able to gain insight, peace, understanding, or at least interest into this topic of learning God's will for our lives and our sexuality
i want to challenge myself and all of you if you're willing to accept the challenge, to "not be ashamed to discuss what God was not ashamed to create"
ceramic travel mug (giveaway!)
2 months ago